Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall = Apples = Apple Desserts

Apples are one of the best parts of fall in my mind. I have lots of recipes for apple desserts but today I decided to make an old family recipe for Chopped Apple Pudding Cake. Sounds weird, pudding and cake? But I promise it's not like pudding, it's more like a super moist, gooey, spiced apple cake. This recipe is super simple, uses minimal ingredients, and highlights some of the best flavors of fall.


Chopped Apple Pudding Cake

1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup flour
2 cups chopped apples
1 cup chopped walnuts

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 
  2. Cream butter and sugar and then add the egg. 
  3. Sift dry ingredients together and add to wet mixture, blend. 
  4. Fold in apples and nuts.
  5. Spread evenly in baking dish and bake for one hour.

 I used a mix of golden delicious and rome apples




 Fresh out of the oven

I enjoyed mine warm and à la mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment